rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

Covered Bridge Bike Tour in IN

Started by Tim_e · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,103 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
22 April 2004
Last activity
22 April 2004
Original author
Tim_e
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,103
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. David Ryan wrote on 4/27/1998:

    Quoted message said:

    I was riding through the October tour in 1991. Saw
    seven covered bridges > (of 34) riding more or less a
    straight route.

    The area is pretty flat, that is, just little 50' rollers
    and dips at creeks. Even the Wabash River is only about
    100' below the surrounding area.

    They have a county fair type atmosphere near Rockville,
    but I saw only a few > bicycles. Most of the people were
    touring the covered bridges by automobile,
    🙁parking and taking pictures).

    I never went there during the October festival, but I did
    ride in the Billie Creek Village Covered Bridge bicycle tour
    on the first Saturday in May. I rode the loop going from
    Rockville to Little Racoon Creek and Big Racoon Creek.
    Slightly west of Rosedale is ruling grade, where I used
    granny gear. Sights included Neet Bridge (after which was a
    lesser climb than ruling grade), the ruins of Jeffreys Ford
    Bridge, Bridgeton Bridge and Mill, Coxville, Mecca Bridge,
    and Montezuma. Terrain was considerably less daunting than
    southern Indiana. This May 3 (schedule conflict precluded me
    from the May 1 Billie Creek Village ride) I plan to ride
    from Rockville to Turkey Run State Park and Mansfield Roller
    Mill and Bridge for something different. Rockville is home
    to the Terre Vin Winery, free tastings and all.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.