General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Could Excessive Vitamin B Complex Worsen Dental/Gum Problem ?

Started by White Tell · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,112 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 April 2004
Last activity
10 April 2004
Original author
White Tell
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,112
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dear All,

    I have a question to ask people on the net.

    Could excessive Vitamin B complex worsen dental/gum
    problems ?

    I am 51 yr male with CAD and gum disease. I have been taking
    Vitamin B complex for many years. Specificly, I am taking
    B-50. When I take B-50 once daily, my gum and teeth seem to
    be ok. When I take it twice daily, one in the moring and one
    in the evening, I often have problems with my gum and teeth.
    I go to my dentist to have deep clean three times a year.
    Last time I had gum problem was two weeks after my deep
    clean done and one week after I took B-50 twice daily.

    Is this common ? Any theory to explain it ?

    TIA,

    White Tell

  2. (White Tell) said:

    Last time I had gum problem was two weeks after my deep
    clean done and one week after I took B-50 twice daily.

    What makes you think the vitamins have *anything* to do with
    your gum problems? It could just as easily be random chance.
    And I hope you're flossing, etc.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    White Tell said:

    Dear All,

    I have a question to ask people on the net.

    Could excessive Vitamin B complex worsen dental/gum
    problems ?

    I am 51 yr male with CAD and gum disease. I have been
    taking Vitamin B complex for many years. Specificly, I am
    taking B-50. When I take B-50 once daily, my gum and teeth
    seem to be ok. When I take it twice daily, one in the
    moring and one in the evening, I often have problems with
    my gum and teeth. I go to my dentist to have deep clean
    three times a year. Last time I had gum problem was two
    weeks after my deep clean done and one week after I took
    B-50 twice daily.

    Is this common ? Any theory to explain it ?

    No idea. But why are you taking a B-50 twice daily? I have
    no idea why they call those things "balanced" B-50, given
    that they have the RDA of some components and 25 times the
    RDA of others. One per day should be more than ample, unless
    you are burdened with having too much money and have decided
    to literally [censored] some of it away.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  4. On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:15:30 GMT, [email hidden] (David

    Wright) said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>, White

    Tell said:

    Dear All,

    I have a question to ask people on the net.

    Could excessive Vitamin B complex worsen dental/gum
    problems ?

    I am 51 yr male with CAD and gum disease.

    Happens ... no connection though ........

    Quoted message said:

    I have been taking Vitamin B

    Quoted message said:

    complex for many years. Specificly, I am taking B-50. When
    I take B-50 once daily, my gum and teeth seem to be ok.
    When I take it twice daily, one in the moring and one in
    the evening, I often have problems with my gum and teeth.
    I go to my dentist to have deep clean three times a year.
    Last time I had gum problem was two weeks after my deep
    clean done and one week after I took B-50 twice daily.

    Is this common ? Any theory to explain it ?

    Yup, many of our treatments are .... well ... less than
    effective. .....

    Quoted message said:


    No idea. But why are you taking a B-50 twice daily? I have
    no idea why they call those things "balanced" B-50, given
    that they have the RDA of some components and 25 times the
    RDA of others. One per day should be more than ample,
    unless you are burdened with having too much money and have
    decided to literally [censored] some of it away.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.