Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Converting 28.6 to 31.8 derailleur clamp.

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 415 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 May 2005
Last activity
19 May 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
415
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a complete Campy Chorus group from the late 90's and I'm looking
    for a frame to build up. A frame I'm interested in takes a 31.8 clamp
    but the f. derailleur I have is a 28.6. Is there any way I can swap
    out clamps or do I need to get a new deraileur to use this frame size?

    thank you,
    Brett

  2. First when I was looking at this post I was thinking ok hes going to try and
    mill down the clamp to fit the frame.

    Heres what I do. I tend to order a braze on campy front. Then I have these
    clamps 28.6., 31.8. I sell the clamp with the groupo.

    The old mavic deraillers were designed to have different clamps, and I think
    a few had shims.

    Enough with the history lesson. Id pretty much say milling that sucker is
    out of the question, however its late and Im dea tired and I dont really
    feel like looking at a front derailler.
    Id say the most feasible options are, front derailler in the size that fits
    or buy a braze on and a clamp to attach it to, then later on if you feel
    like swapping out frames again, you'll have a modular derailler.

    ciao

  3. Quoted message said:

    I have a complete Campy Chorus group from the late 90's and I'm


    looking

    Quoted message said:

    for a frame to build up. A frame I'm interested in takes a 31.8


    clamp

    Quoted message said:

    but the f. derailleur I have is a 28.6. Is there any way I can swap
    out clamps or do I need to get a new deraileur to use this frame


    size?

    Quoted message said:

    thank you,
    Brett

    Campag front ders from that era have removable clamps. Find a shop that
    'qui si parla Campagnolo', and see if they will swap ya.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.