Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Computer died. Trying to decide what to get. I want a backlight.

Started by Bill Davidson · · Last activity · 1 post · 713 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 June 2004
Last activity
27 June 2004
Original author
Bill Davidson
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
713
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My Cateye Micro CC-6000 finally gave up. A new battery no
    longer brings it back to life.

    One of the things that I've really wanted on a bike computer
    for a long time is a backlight. I like to check mileage
    fairly regularly.

    My first thought was Topeak Panoram but they don't make them
    anymore. The replacement Panoram doesn't have a backlight.
    There goes the cheap choice.

    Campagnolo's ergobrain looks good but it's a little pricey
    for me. The same goes for Cateye's CC-TR100, CC-CD300DW and
    CC-HR200DW. I also don't need a heart rate monitor and I
    don't want wireless. I'll be using a battery headlight and
    I've heard headlights often interfere with wireless
    computers as do other wireless computers. Specialized makes
    four models with backlights. All of them are wireless. [censored].

    The Cateye CC-AT100 looks interesting but I can't find it
    for sale anywhere. I'm not sure what it costs. The altimeter
    says expensive to me though. I don't need an altimeter but
    I'd get one of these if it was cheap.

    Avocet, Vetta, and Planet Bike seem to not do backlights at
    all (well as Topeak now).

    Are there any other wired+backlight models out there other
    than those three (Ergobrain, Cateye CC-TR100 and CC-AT100)
    that I've missed (preferably in a moderate price range)?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.