Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Commuter/Short Touring Advice - Part 2

Started by jsirabella · · Last activity · 1 post · 801 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 January 2011
Last activity
9 January 2011
Original author
jsirabella
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
801
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey All,

    Finally got my CX frame up and running with all parts from my old bikes including rear rack and saddle bags ready to go but I need some more advice on a couple things..

    I deal with LBP at times and trying to make it work the best.

    1) Seat - Everyone talks about Brooks being it. Is it? I hear though you have to go through alot to get it to be perfect in terms of working it in. Any advice?

    2) Seat Post - Same issue but any advice that can minimize LBP. I see some with springs? Any advice?

    3) Tires - Which are good commuters but not too slow. Armadillos? Bontrager Hard Case? For my trainer I bought a couple Bontrager R1(??) but they already started to burn up bad. I can not believe the bubbles in them already after 2-3 mos. I have a CT and that has never happen before. Any advice?

    Thanks all for reading...

    -js

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.