Commuter Bike Design! Georgia Institute of Technology

gtid2012

Oct 27, 2012
[SIZE=13pt]Hey commuters, I've already noticed that you've been asked to fill out a few surveys so if it won't trouble you, I'm going to ask for one more. I am working with a team of industrial designers at Georgia Tech to design a new commuter bike and we are currently doing research, gathering information, and making observations. If you take the time to answer a few questions for us we will greatly appreciate it and I promise to return with pictures of our final design in 2 months.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.0pt]http://tolu.na/PX2NYQ[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13pt]Thank you![/SIZE]

Thanks for the replies everyone! It's been particularly nice to receive suggestions for things like dynamo lights and the new SRAM 1x11 drivetrain. We are being generously sponsored by SRAM for this project so that may be a real option!

One thing I'm interested in that has not been well worded in the survey question is: are any of you using parts in a way other than the manufacture has suggested or modified/rigged them to function better for your needs? If so, please describe it in this thread and post pics if you have them! Thanks