Touring and recreational cycling · Public discussion

Community for Sharing Worldwide Bicycle Touring Information

Started by gravitas · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,317 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Touring and recreational cycling
Published
2 March 2007
Last activity
11 March 2007
Original author
gravitas
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,317
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wanted to introduce everyone to a place where you can share information about bicycle touring worldwide.

    Please take a look and perhaps add a review of your favorite place to tour. I would appreciate any contribution you could make to help future bicycle tourists!

    On wheretocycle.com you can:

    * Quickly review a place you have taken a tour.
    * Add links to your travelogues.
    * Rate places you have toured.
    * Share photos and comments about places you have cycled and ask questions about those places.
    * Rate locations and get personalized recommendations using collaborative filtering.
    * Subscribe to RSS feeds and keep up to date with location specific touring information.

    I would appreciate any feedback your might have.

    Sincerely,
    Andrej
    www.whereotcycle.com
    Bicycle touring information worldwide. Share reviews photos and other information.

  2. Gravitas,

    Good job on your new site dedicated to brining cyclists together. I too have just put up a site focusing at the cycling community and it's for the wonderful Madision Wisconsin area.

    Check it out at http://www.madvelocity.com

    Chump!

  3. Chump! said:

    Gravitas,

    Good job on your new site dedicated to brining cyclists together. I too have just put up a site focusing at the cycling community and it's for the wonderful Madision Wisconsin area.

    Check it out at http://www.madvelocity.com

    Chump!

    Thanks for posting this info. It turns out that http://www.wheretocycle.com is also based in the Madison area. Strange coincidence perhaps.

    Do you have any plans on adding specific touring resources? Perhaps a recommended route to Madison from Chicago, Milwaukee, or La Crosse to Madison?

    I have ridden once from La Crosse to Madison, perhaps I will post the info in the Bicycle Touring in Wisconsin section.

  4. I dont know if you know about Lonely Planets Thorntree 'On Your Bike' site ( http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categories.cfm?catid=32 )

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.