Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Coming back to uni after 20 years need some advice

Started by pknchap · · Last activity · 3 posts · 5,502 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
20 September 2004
Last activity
8 July 2006
Original author
pknchap
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,502
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm 44 and have decided to try unicycling again after 20 years. I used to ride my 6' schwinn giraffe pretty well back in the day. I live adjacent to the national forest and thought MUni would be a lot of fun. So I need to know what would be a good starter uni for me. I'll mostly be riding an old logging road nothing extreme (at first anyway, who knows). I'm 6' 3" 200 lbs. Any suggestions on wheel size crank length etc. would be appreciated.

  2. pknchap said:

    I'm 44 and have decided to try unicycling again after 20 years. I used to ride my 6' schwinn giraffe pretty well back in the day. I live adjacent to the national forest and thought MUni would be a lot of fun. So I need to know what would be a good starter uni for me. I'll mostly be riding an old logging road nothing extreme (at first anyway, who knows). I'm 6' 3" 200 lbs. Any suggestions on wheel size crank length etc. would be appreciated.

    Well...I'm Kinda new But I've Read many forums and I think you may be best with 28' wheel not sure about the crank size sorry but yeah you may want to double check on that

    Peace

  3. Hi PK.

    I myself are 41, 6'1" and weigh 220lbs. My brothers and I started with uni's when around 8 years old after joining a unicycle club. We rode pretty consistanty till our late teens mainly on straight bikes up to mid chains.

    I decided to get back into uni's last year and bought a new one, got straight up on it too🙂 ,...mainly to get my own kids interested enough to want their own uni's.

    Three times since then, even though I'm bicycle fit, I have tried to break in on the uni's, and probably spent too long with each session because I keep doing my groin :eek: . It's driving me nuts :p

    My only advice is to take it easy PK and break in slowly. I borrowed my brothers old bike during this time and found the smaller wheel/crank size (not sure of correct size, sorry mate) on his much easier to swing while getting used to them again.

    Hope this helps at all.......Rob.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.