General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

CMGS article in today's Wall Street Journal

Started by Enduro8 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 427 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
8 May 2004
Original author
Enduro8
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
427
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone read the article in today's Wall Street Journal?
    I apologize because I only have a print version, so I can't
    include it here.

    It is basically about the Freestyle Navagator (Therasense is
    now owned by Abbott Labs).

    Looks like it is wireless which is nice, although the under
    the skin unit looks bulky, and I hope it does not have to go
    in your arm only. Says it will have to be swapped every 3
    days, just like a pump.

    It says they are hoping to get it on the market in 12-18
    months and it will be something we can buy rather then just
    being able to get for a few days in the dr office like the
    Medtronic one.

    I am getting tired of waiting for these things to come out
    to the public! Years and years. I'd love to get one of the
    first ones available (assuming accuracy).

    Does anyone know how or where too look to see about getting
    in on part of the next round of trial testing on this or any
    of the other CMGS systems?

  2. Guy said:

    I am the nut screaming for this device for years. Anyone
    that gets more info-- please post it. I worry any device
    that might negate strips will have a rough ride for
    approval in the US

    Hmm. The papers on the web page say it uses "indirect radio
    wave spectroscopy", rather than the more popularly
    researched optical spectroscopy that the Dreambeam (stock
    fraud), Futrex (also a stock fraud), and various other
    attempts over the years. But you can have an exciting idea
    that looks good in a few people's trials but never works
    well: we'll see if they ever get past the "12 to 18 months
    away" they mention.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.