Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Clueless Newbie! Which bike would you pick?

Started by Expensive Hobbi · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,192 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
30 March 2003
Last activity
30 March 2003
Original author
Expensive Hobbi
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,192
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I trying to decide on a new bike. I'm a road bike guy typically, but would like to get back into
    mountain bikes as well. Looking for a soft-tail with disk brakes in the $1400-1700 range. A lighter
    weight bike wouldn't be a bad thing either. Plan on riding trails for the most part, but want to do
    some jumping as well (to relive my BMX days!) Which bike would you recommend? I have a few ideas,
    but perhaps some of you out there will make some suggestions that I have not yet thought of.

    Thanks in advance

  2. "Expensive Hobbies" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I trying to decide on a new bike. I'm a road bike guy typically, but would like to get back
    into mountain bikes as well. Looking for a


    soft-tail

    Quoted message said:

    with disk brakes in the $1400-1700 range. A lighter weight bike wouldn't


    be

    Quoted message said:

    a bad thing either. Plan on riding trails for the most part, but want to


    do

    Quoted message said:

    some jumping as well (to relive my BMX days!) Which bike would you recommend? I have a few ideas,
    but perhaps some of you out there will make some suggestions that I have not yet thought


    of.

    Quoted message said:


    Thanks in advance

    Ummm... not sure of the exchange rate but I'm very happy with my Giant NRS2. A relatively
    lightweight XC full susser. The NRS suspension and No Sag setup is not as plush as some of the bikes
    I tried so you might like it coming from no suspension. Not sure about the jumping part though. That
    might put a spanner in your spokes if you want "lighter weight" because, in my opinion, you'll
    really want a slightly more robust bike if you jump alot. Obviously lightweight isn't built for
    regular heavyweight use. I posted something similar today and suggested that the guy have a look at
    something like the Giant AC range or the Specialized Enduro - they're just a little more robust.
    That's my 2cents
    --
    Westie

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.