Road Cycling · Public discussion

'classic' Santana tandem - any interest??

Started by lucky4fingers · · Last activity · 4 posts · 400 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 April 2006
Last activity
25 April 2006
Original author
lucky4fingers
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
400
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm considering selling my Santana Arriva tandem. It's in mint condition,
    ridden (much) less than 300 miles probably. We bought it in 1985 4 months
    before the doctor told her she shouldn't ride since she was pregnate with
    twins. I believe we went on a handful of good (more than 50 miles) before
    that. It probably sat idle after that for ~ 15 yrs. since then I've taken
    it out another handful of times with young sons for < 20 miles at a time.

    Santana is a GREAT company to do business with. 10 years after I bought the
    bike I noticed the paint was crackling on the top frame. I called Santana
    who said they had a paint process problem around that time. They paid all
    stripping and shipping expenses and repainted it for $0.

    If there's interest I'd sell it. Please followup to this email and we'll
    figure out a way to contact each other. The email address shown is not my
    real one obviously.
    Thanks.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    lucky4fingers said:

    I'm considering selling my Santana Arriva tandem. It's in mint condition,
    ridden (much) less than 300 miles probably. We bought it in 1985 4 months
    before the doctor told her she shouldn't ride since she was pregnate with
    twins. I believe we went on a handful of good (more than 50 miles) before
    that. It probably sat idle after that for ~ 15 yrs. since then I've taken
    it out another handful of times with young sons for < 20 miles at a time.

    If there's interest I'd sell it. Please followup to this email and we'll
    figure out a way to contact each other. The email address shown is not my
    real one obviously.
    Thanks.

    First, it ought to be said that .marketplace is a fine place for the
    second half of this message, but sales pitches are generally frowned
    upon in other ngs.

    Regarding the general interest in tandems, they usually have very good
    resale values (though low-end tandems tend to retain more of their value
    than high-end ones), but the market is somewhat less than perfect due to
    high shipping costs.

    There _will_ be interest in your tandem, but its location and pricing
    are absolutely vital pieces of information. To illustrate why, I will
    offer you $100 delivered for your tandem.

    I'm in Canada, will that be a problem?

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
    to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

  3. lucky4fingers said:

    I'm considering selling my Santana Arriva tandem. It's in mint condition,
    ...We bought it in 1985....

    www.tandemmag.com has free classifieds. Bet it lasts three days on
    there!

    HTH

    --Karen D.

  4. Ryan Cousineau said:

    There _will_ be interest in your tandem, but its location and pricing
    are absolutely vital pieces of information. To illustrate why, I will
    offer you $100 delivered for your tandem.

    I'm in Canada, will that be a problem?

    Sizing is another absolutely vital piece of info. I'd make the same
    offer if I thought it would be a reasonable fit, and $0 if not.

    Followup trimmed to r.b.marketplace.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.