Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cinelli Starship rear wishbone and setpost slipping

Started by Robert · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,721 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 April 2003
Last activity
24 April 2003
Original author
Robert
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,721
Views / 30 days
9

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.

    I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.

    Any suggestions?

    Robert

    ______________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 - uncensored-news.comuncensored-news.com <><><><><><><>
    The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><

  2. In article said:

    I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.

    I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.

    Any suggestions?

    I haven't touched that particular frame but if the threads in the frame have been stripped then the
    usual fix is to tap it to 1mm larger size. You can probably get the tap handle, tap and cutting
    fluid for $25-35. I also suggest consulting the dealer since they may have superior solutions to
    problems they have seen before. It is also worth examining whether your seatpost is exactly the
    right size. There are variations among 27.2 (nominal) posts and a slightly undersized one would
    encourage overtightening. A digital or dial vernier caliper would be the best way to find out.

    --Paul

    PS: torque wrench

  3. Robert May I ask is this an older cinelli starship? Black with white decals. 1" headtube?

    Polly

    Robert <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.

    I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.

    Any suggestions?

    Robert

    ______________________________________________________________________
    Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 -


    uncensored-news.comuncensored-news.com

    Quoted message said:

    <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source


    <><><><><><><><

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.