Chris Boardman MTB's

KPR

Guest
anyone care to comment?
been offered the team model for £400
Y or N?

On Feb 17, 2:51 pm, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "KPR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...> anyone care to comment?
> > been offered the team model for £400
> > Y or N?

> I've not seen any adverse comments about the Boardman Range.

Except that you might possibly be paying a small premium for the name
over a similar spec'd factory brand. But if you're getting a good
offer in the first place - prob. nothing to be concerned with.

Regards,

Duncan

On Feb 17, 6:54 pm, Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2:51 pm, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "KPR" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...> anyone care to comment?
> > > been offered the team model for £400
> > > Y or N?

> > I've not seen any adverse comments about the Boardman Range.

> Except that you might possibly be paying a small premium for the name
> over a similar spec'd factory brand. But if you're getting a good
> offer in the first place - prob. nothing to be concerned with.

You'll be hard put to find a better overall spec bike for the money.
Boardman's aim is to get good bikes at an affordable price. And from
what I have seen and heard, he has acheived that through careful
selection of components and the mass marketing ability of Halfords.
Exceeded sales expectations and there will be new models coming in
(full on TT bike, cross bike etc).

Now, if he could produce decent bikes for kids to race... Like the
Islabikes Luath, that would be excellent. I did suggest to Isla when I
met her at York that she have replaceable dropouts both sides of the
frame so it could be used as a track bike as well..

..d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
On Feb 17, 6:54 pm, Duncan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2:51 pm, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "KPR" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >news:[email protected]...> anyone care to comment?
> > > been offered the team model for £400
> > > Y or N?

> > I've not seen any adverse comments about the Boardman Range.

> Except that you might possibly be paying a small premium for the name
> over a similar spec'd factory brand. But if you're getting a good
> offer in the first place - prob. nothing to be concerned with.

You'll be hard put to find a better overall spec bike for the money.
Boardman's aim is to get good bikes at an affordable price. And from
what I have seen and heard, he has acheived that through careful
selection of components and the mass marketing ability of Halfords.
Exceeded sales expectations and there will be new models coming in
(full on TT bike, cross bike etc).

Now, if he could produce decent bikes for kids to race... Like the
Islabikes Luath, that would be excellent. I did suggest to Isla when I
met her at York that she have replaceable dropouts both sides of the
frame so it could be used as a track bike as well..
...d

Got the team MTB for £380 with mud guards pump an bottle thrown in.. happy
as a pig in muck..