Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Chicago Northwest Side Bike Shop Recommendation

Started by Steve · · Last activity · 1 post · 728 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 May 2004
Last activity
11 May 2004
Original author
Steve
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
728
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To,"
    "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

    of interest to people on the northwest side of chicago-

    There's a shop called Get a Grip Cycles I would like to
    recommend.

    On my Saturday morning ride the bottom bracket on my Masi
    spun out the right side, ending my ride. I called this shop
    and told them I would like to drop the bike off, but that
    I'd be in a hurry, and I would like to run in with the the
    bike sans wheels and run out. When I got there a ticket had
    already been prepared and I literally spent less than 25
    seconds dropping off the bike.

    They had it fixed hours later (retapping the threads, a
    little cleaning, the BB was okay), I rode the bike 35 miles
    yesterday and the repair is fine. I really liked their
    attitude towards service, and they love cycling.

    This shop used to be a typical toy bike shop owned by a guy
    who wasn't himself an avid cyclist (or didn't appear to
    be), and the other shops in the neighborhood are really
    poor ie, there is one where they do not even allow bikes in
    the store (!)

    Get a Grip is at 4359 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL. 60641,
    773-427-4747

    Steve

    --

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.