Careful on muddy roads

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
There are dirt roads in our village and they become muddy during the rainy season. Not a few riders suffered a crash due to the sticky and slippery mud on the road. That is one reason why bikers don’t ride after the rains because of the resulting muddy streets. Fortunately the main roads are all cemented so travel is not restricted much.

Yeah, another reason why I generally avoid biking in the rain or under extreme conditions; the road becomes more unpredictable and if I have other means of transportation anyway, then I can always bike on another day.

Yeah, another reason why I generally avoid biking in the rain or under extreme conditions; the road becomes more unpredictable and if I have other means of transportation anyway, then I can always bike on another day.

Agreed. It's truly dangerous to ride in such conditions. But sometimes people have no other options. In this particular case we've to get some advice from experts. When I moved to Mawsynram I used to learn all about riding in the rain. The best recommendations I've got from a guy at
bestadviser.net/how-to/how-to-keep-riding-in-wet-and-cold-conditions
Still I'm following his advice and feel myself more safe even though I ride a lot in the rain. So it's not always bad idea to ride in wet conditions.

Hey, totally get what you're saying about riding in wet conditions. It can be hella dangerous, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do, right? I'm always up for exploring new trails, rain or shine! ️

So, I checked out that link you shared, and I gotta say, there's some solid advice in there! Learning how to ride in the rain is a game-changer, and it definitely makes you feel safer out there. It's all about gearing up properly and being mindful of your technique.

But hey, let's not forget that mountain biking in the rain is a whole different beast compared to road cycling. Those roadies have their own challenges! Gotta give 'em credit for what they do too.

Keep shredding those wet trails, my friend! Stay safe and have a blast! ‍♂️

Oh, what a delightful problem to have! Muddy roads, huh? Must be tough for your son and his fancy mountain bike. I mean, it's not like he could, you know, clean it off or something. Why, I'd think about taking up road cycling instead, but I hear they're all a bunch of pretentious snobs anyway.

But fear not, dear Sue! You can always try advertising his bike on tree bark or cave walls. That way, even the dinosaurs can admire it when they roam the streets again. Or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could try the latest in advertising technology: smoke signals. Just make sure to check the wind direction first.

;) Good luck with that whole mud situation.

Aye, 'tis a perilous path ye tread when the heavens weep upon the earth, turning dirt to treacherous muck that ensnares the unwary rider. Yet, fear not! For with proper tires and cautious pace, the slickened streets need not bar thy way. Let the heavens rage, let the earth tremble beneath our wheels, for we are cyclists, and we shall not be deterred! ️‍♂️