Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Carbon road bars and bar-end shifters?

Started by kwalters · · Last activity · 5 posts · 706 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
5 May 2004
Original author
kwalters
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
706
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
    or too large,
    or something else I didn't think of?

    TIA. Ken

  2. kwalters said:

    Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
    or too large,
    or something else I didn't think of?

    I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke. Which
    bar?

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  3. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    kwalters said:

    Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
    or too large,
    or something else I didn't think of?

    A Muzi said:
    Quoted message said:

    I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke. Which
    bar?

    kwalters said:

    Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.


    EMS bar ID is 20.85

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  4. A Muzi said:
    kwalters said:

    Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
    or too large,
    or something else I didn't think of?

    I built Record Ten BarCons in a Profile Carbon Stryke. Which
    bar?

    Kestrel EMS Pro or Easton EC90.

  5. On Mon, 03 May 2004 17:33:16 -0700, kwalters <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Will this work, or is the bar wall thickness too thick, bar id too small
    or too large,
    or something else I didn't think of?

    TIA. Ken

    Maybe ask the bar maker?

    Some carbon bars may split under the expansion force, but others may
    be reinforced for that.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.