I have looked on the bottom of the bike between the crankshafts for my
pedals which has been described as the place for finding the serial
number. I had to unscrew the small metal plate (some kind of wire
guide - forgive my technical ignorance, I'm just learning) in the
middle, not sure if I'm supposed to have to remove it to see a full
number or if I am seeing the whole thing.
On the left it has two lines, one above the other with a big space and
then more numbers on the right side, also in two lines, one above the
other:
EG __________ 04740
BN252 _______ 3R6W53
I know from the marking on the frame that it is a Cannondale III R.
So, I'm guess that the 3R stands for that. It is a ladies' bike (or so
the seller told me) and I usually ride around a 52 to 54 cm bike frame.
So I'm guess the W is for Women's and 53 might be the frame size???
Anyway, can anyone tell me how to read this? I would like to know
specifically what my frame size is and what year my bike is. Oh yeah,
and for purposes of recording ownership, what portion of those numbers
constitute the serial number?
Thanks,
Dawn