Road Cycling · Public discussion

Cannondale r700 or specialized allez

Started by madroad · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,928 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 January 2011
Last activity
22 January 2011
Original author
madroad
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,928
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can someone give me pro/cons of each? My apologies if you have seen this in multiple forums, no real answer yet and I wasvplanning on picking up the cannondale tomorrow. I ride a base 2007 allez with a 105 drivetrain, came across this cannondale 2005 r700 virtually new, buyer was asking almost full retail , I offered 1/2 what they were asking not expecting a deal, after a week of back and forth they excepted. Now I am wondering if there is any benefit to this for me? Am I upgrading at all? I like the caad but also like my Alez

  2. What Groupset is on it?

  3.  
    Frame CAAD7 Optimo Fork Slice Ultra Rear Shock N/A Rims Shimano WH-R550 Hubs Shimano WH-R550 Spokes Shimano WH-R550 Tires Hutchinson Top Speed foldable, 700 x 23c Pedals N/A Crank TruVatiV Elita SL, 39/53 Chain Shimano 9-speed Rear Cogs SRAM PG-950, 12-26 Bottom Bracket TruVatiV ISIS GigaPipe SL Front Derailleur Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra Shifters Shimano 105 Handlebars FSA RD-300 Anatomic Stem Cannondale 3-D Forged

  4. It is sort of a wash. You are getting slightly better wheels, stem, handlebars, and stem. The frames are very similar. The r700 drivetrain is obsolete. If the r700 is "virtually new", you will probably need to get it tuned up at $120 or more. It has no warranty if there is something wrong with it.

    I am like you. At first it sounds like a good deal, but the longer you look at it, the worse it gets.

  5. Agreed, I ended up passing.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.