Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cannondale CAAD 7 (R2000)? Any good or not?

Started by HandyAndy · · Last activity · 4 posts · 5,842 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 August 2003
Last activity
16 August 2003
Original author
HandyAndy
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,842
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking at buying a cannondale R2000(CAAD 7 frame with ultegra parts and Ksyrium SL Wheels)I was wondering if anyone has any bad experiences with this bike or any good experiences.I do race frequently and am looking at buying mavic cosmic carbons for flat races and time trials.I havent ridden cannondales before.
    Any advice guys?

  2. I recently bought the r2000, and my experiences to date, although limited, are very positive.

    I am 6'3" and weigh about 205lbs, the frame is very stable and I haven't noticed any flexing even when up out of the saddle on climbs or sprints. The ride is a bit on the harsh side but I got used to that in the first hundred miles.

    I am not a racer, just someone who enjoys riding with a group of friends, so I may not be as critical as you will be, but for what it's worth I love the bike.

    Peter

  3. The word on the CAAD7 frame is it is STIFF! If you weigh 150lbs or less, you might have your teeth rattled. However, if you 190 and up, it should be a pretty good ride.

    I weight 240 and my LBS said that of all the bikes I have looked at, coveted, and drooled over, the CAAD7 Optima frame will be the best for me.

  4. I have trh R1000 with the CAAD 7 frame, and am very happy with it. A bit stiff, but not that bad. With the components on an R2000, it's got to be nice.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.