Hi Om,
I took a tip from you to look at Organic Eden beans. I'd never considered
them before. I told you that I saw them on Amazon, but loh&behold, at my
next trip to the grocery store, in the 'special' aisle, there were a few
different Eden beans (maybe 4 kinds). I bought the cannellini beans as I
knew that I had Goya at home to do a taste test against.
The next thing I did was to write an email to Eden asking them about their
dating code. They replied soonest and sent me a dating code for their
beans.
The taste test was only a part of my consideration as the Eden was
preferable because they are organic.
The tins inside look a little different, Goya being aluminum looking; Eden
being the color of a Japanese cheap-colored-thin tea kettle.
Against the Goya, the Eden didn't taste tin-ny, and a bit fresher; and I
liked the idea that there was no salt, and kombu was added.
Here is a picture of both after immediately dumping out of can into a pan on
the stove.
http://i22.tinypic.com/21xxxk.jpg
Goya
http://i23.tinypic.com/2csh3jq.jpg
Eden
I'll be looking and buying Eden.
Thanks, dear Om.
Dee Dee