UK and Europe · Public discussion

Can someone recommend a LBS in Bristol?

Started by Simon L · · Last activity · 5 posts · 701 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
30 March 2006
Last activity
30 March 2006
Original author
Simon L
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
701
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    I work in SE Bristol (Hengrove) and cycle to Temple Meads, so something
    in a three mile radius of that route would be preferable. There's a
    Halfrauds in Brislington I'd rather not spend my money with... (I'm
    after clothing.)

    TIA

  2. Simon L said:

    I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    dealer so they can't be too bad

    best wishes
    james

  3. Quoted message said:
    Simon L said:

    I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    dealer so they can't be too bad

    That will be Dave Bater (www.db-cycles.co.uk). I've bought a few things
    there and they seem pretty good.

    Depending on what you need, you might try Mud Dock
    (www.mud-dock.co.uk), which isn't too far off your route.

    I've used quite a few LBS in Bristol over the last few months for
    various workshop repairs and haven't (yet) found one I particularly
    want to use again, but I'd be interested to see if someone else can
    recommend one.

    Neil

  4. cheers for the links :-)

  5. Quoted message said:
    Simon L said:

    I did Yell, but most of the locations don't mean anything to me -
    anyway, personal recommendation counts for much.

    There is one near the bottom of Park Street (or maybe it is college
    green by then) not too far up the hill anyway and on the right as you
    climb the hill. Can't recall the name. I have only been in twice and
    bought some shorts once so I can't provide a significant personal
    recommendation but they seemed nice enough and they are a Brommie
    dealer so they can't be too bad


    Bristol Bike Workshop
    BIKEWORKSHOP
    88COLSTON ST BRISTOL BS1 5BB
    tel 0117 9268961
    http://www.bikeworkshop.co.uk

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.