rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

can someone please explain this self mounting magura harware?

Started by Sofa · · Last activity · 5 posts · 668 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
16 June 2004
Last activity
16 June 2004
Original author
Sofa
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
668
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm not sure how the metal brackets work, any tips?

    there are 4 metal brackets that I assume all get used to mount the alloy
    brake holders. do they?

    I don't get it

    'here' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=549)

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'A circus clown is just a carny who's too stupid to flip a ride switch
    on and off. Now, you take a circus clown, roll him on the barn floor,
    kick him in the head a couple hundred times, and what have you got?' -
    Hank Hill

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33256

  2. If you are talking about the steel weld-on mounts, you just use the pair
    that give you the proper offset for your setup.

    Scott

    --
    S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

    "Don't neglect your knees! They're really useful." Words of wisdom from
    Cyberbellum

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
    how to do it." Pablo Picasso
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33256

  3. Thanks!

    PS...if anyone wants to add brakes to their uni, these can be held on
    with hoseclamps instead of welding.

    Although I just put them on, I had brakes mounted on with hoseclamps
    before and have never had an issue.

    My Coker now has an airfoil rim, 110's and brakes.

    Ahhhhhh

    Now to go out and not die

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'A circus clown is just a carny who's too stupid to flip a ride switch
    on and off. Now, you take a circus clown, roll him on the barn floor,
    kick him in the head a couple hundred times, and what have you got?' -
    Hank Hill

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33256

  4. So I assume you are also using a booster? Otherwise I would imagine
    they would tend to rotate on the frame.

    Scott

    --
    S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

    "Don't neglect your knees! They're really useful." Words of wisdom from
    Cyberbellum

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
    how to do it." Pablo Picasso
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33256

  5. i thought about using a booster (it's sitting there unused), but as i
    can't budge it no matter how much might I use, I deem that
    unneccesary.

    there is a miniscule amount of brake force required to stop a uni than a
    bike, so I am convinced that it will do what it needs.

    I know a welder than could remedy this if I need, but I highly doubt I
    will need to.

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'A circus clown is just a carny who's too stupid to flip a ride switch
    on and off. Now, you take a circus clown, roll him on the barn floor,
    kick him in the head a couple hundred times, and what have you got?' -
    Hank Hill

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33256

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.