General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

CAN SAWDUST DAMAGE THE LUNGS?

Started by Smith · · Last activity · 1 post · 465 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 March 2004
Last activity
14 March 2004
Original author
Smith
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
465
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello, about ten years ago, I bought a table from a school.
    It was a solid table with read paint---it was probably
    decades old. I sanded the table in an enclosed room, with no
    breath mask of any kind. In fact, I didn't even have the
    door open until later. Talk about stupid, I was breathing up
    red sawdust from my nose for days!

    This table was probably fifty years old, and had red paint
    that I sanded off with one of those sanders from Home Depot.
    Can this have harmed my lungs permanently? I started having
    problems with breathing about ten years ago, or therabouts,
    and this is the only thing I have think of to have happened.
    Could it not be the sawdust but maybe the lead (or whatever)
    paint? I have had a ct scan of my lungs, but with nothing
    showing up. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? The
    only thing I can think of close to it, is when a friend of
    mine was into developing film, and he inhaled some chemicals
    or somesuch, and damaged his lungs/heart.

    Any comments would be most appreciated! Thanks!

    - 0

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.