Does anyone happen to know how well an 8-sp Campy front derailleur works with Shimano 8-sp STI levers? It seems to me the cage is slightly wider, perhaps to allow for Campy's three trim clicks versus Shimano's one. But the mechanical advantage might be quite different, so I don't know whether or not it would work. Thanks for your informed advice.
Mike Yankee
(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)
[email hidden] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
mikeyankee-<< Does anyone happen to know how well an 8-sp Campy front derailleur works with Shimano 8-sp STI levers?
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
<BR><BR>
Not well, i just tried this the other day. The arms are not the same length, it doesn't shift well at all.
BTW-Campagnolo left/front has a lot more than 3 'clicks'..
Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302 (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.comOpen ↗ "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
Works great for me. I have an Athena crank and FrDer with Ultegra 8 brifters on one bike and have used it that way for 8 years. I had an old Triomphe crank on before that with the same derailleur and that worked too. May not be the quickest shift in the west but good enough that I won't think about swapping parts until something breaks or wears out... probably a couple more years left on that crank.