Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

CAMPAG 8 SP v's SHIMANO 8SP COMPATABILITY?

Started by gorroy · · Last activity · 2 posts · 889 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 September 2004
Last activity
24 September 2004
Original author
gorroy
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
889
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Currently have an 8 speed campag system and it looks like the freehub body on the rear wheel has finally packed in. I dont really want to just scrap the whole 8 speed system as it works fine, but I cannot get hold of either a replacement 8 sp wheel, hub or freehub body for campag.

    I have thought about buying a shimano 8 speed wheel and block as they seem to be a lot more available and you can still buy new. Can anyone advise if running a shimano 8sp wheel/block with a campag system works ok. If not - what are my 8 speed alternatives?

    Thanks

    Gordon

  2. gorroy said:

    Currently have an 8 speed campag system and it looks like the freehub body on the rear wheel has finally packed in. I dont really want to just scrap the whole 8 speed system as it works fine, but I cannot get hold of either a replacement 8 sp wheel, hub or freehub body for campag.

    I have thought about buying a shimano 8 speed wheel and block as they seem to be a lot more available and you can still buy new. Can anyone advise if running a shimano 8sp wheel/block with a campag system works ok. If not - what are my 8 speed alternatives?

    Thanks

    Gordon

    Campy 8 speed cog spacing is 5.0mm, and shimano 8 is 4,8mm.Cloee enough that a shimano 8 casette/wheel will probably work. there is also a wheels manufacturing campy-sh8 spacer kit that will convert a shiamno8 speed casette to campy 8 spacing.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.