UK and Europe · Public discussion

Calling all cyclist's in East Yorkshire

Started by Matt28 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,781 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
18 July 2010
Last activity
14 September 2010
Original author
Matt28
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,781
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I'm very new to cycling having only bought my first bike last week. I'm already reasonably fit and I'm dying to get out.

    I live in Leven near Beverley and have no good routes to use. I'd like something that would avoid heavy traffic if possible in the most part. I was thinking of heading out towards Driffield but not really sure!

    Any suggestions would be great.

    Thanks

    Matt

  2. Guessing those routes are kinda secret 😄

  3. not from east yorkshire (in york), but i would have thought a good area to start would be the back roads towards market weighton/pocklington,

  4. Matt, I'm in Hornsea & I have a regular route via Mappleton/Hatfield/Withernwick but today I included Rise/Siggy.
    These are all very quiet roads. You could get to the same area via Riston or Catwick. It just depends on how far you want to go & whether you mind covering the miles without going far from home.

    Ig

  5. wow this thread takes me back. I played a county seconds game at Hull. Awesome ground.
    I wasnt based so far east (I was near york). I used to ride my bike to the gym and would take various lanes through farming land. It was insane. There are no 'shoulders' and almost ever 5 minutes some nutter farmer in his beat up vauxhall hatchback would come thundering past nearly killing me.

    I actually found being on bigger busier roads was more enjoyable and safer!

    Find a local group and tag along with them.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.