Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Buying new road bike

Started by Boggy · · Last activity · 3 posts · 430 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
14 June 2012
Last activity
14 June 2012
Original author
Boggy
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
430
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I used to ride 2011 Novara Strada with upgraded wheel set and shifters. The Strada died in the accident, I was lucky enough to get away with open fracture of both tibia and fibula in my left foot. The car was running red light and hit me straight in the side at 50mph. For anyone reading it, you can put the helmet question to rest - that sucker DID save my life this time. I am still in recovery stage with titanium rod running through entire tibia. The driver had minimal insurance coverage, so I am not getting any personal compensation for the entire deal, thus I am looking for compatible piece of equipment in similar price range.

    Upgraded Novara Starada was right about $1,500 range. I am personally leaning toward Cannondale CAAD 10 5 at this point, but I would like to know if there are other options that I should consider.

  2. The CAAD 10 5 is equipped with a full Shimano 105 group (however some stores swap out the brakes with Tektros). It's a lovely aluminum bike that rides like a carbon bike, even out-performing most mid-end full-carbon setups. It's gathered nothing but good reviews. You'd be paying good money on the CAAD 10.

  3. Although there are other bikes out there I am inclined to believe there is a lot of bang for your buck on a CAAD10 105. Even better that you brought it up first.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.