Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Building a 10kg Carbon Epic

Started by Ssushi · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,801 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
8 November 2007
Last activity
11 November 2007
Original author
Ssushi
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,801
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking into building a 10kg carbon Epic.

    Spec:

    Large framed Epic
    American Classic 26" Disk wheels
    XTR Crank and front mech
    X0 rear mech
    Hope Mini brakes
    Rock shock reba fork
    Bars - undecided

    I don't keep up-to-date with compnents, these are on the recomendation of friends.

    Question - how does this configuration look?

    Cheers

    Ssushi

  2. Ssushi said:

    I'm looking into building a 10kg carbon Epic.

    Spec:

    Large framed Epic
    American Classic 26" Disk wheels
    XTR Crank and front mech
    X0 rear mech
    Hope Mini brakes
    Rock shock reba fork
    Bars - undecided

    I don't keep up-to-date with compnents, these are on the recomendation of friends.

    Question - how does this configuration look?

    Cheers

    Ssushi

    You are going to love it.

    Only comment - If you plan to do Stan's Notubes (i.e. with a light tube-based tire) with the American Classic you might want to research it a bit. I know a few larger people (I assume you are a bit bigger because of the large frame) that had problems with the American Classic/Stan's Notubes combo. They switched to Bontrager Race X lite/Stan's Notubes combo.

  3. woodchuck said:

    You are going to love it.

    Only comment - If you plan to do Stan's Notubes (i.e. with a light tube-based tire) with the American Classic you might want to research it a bit. I know a few larger people (I assume you are a bit bigger because of the large frame) that had problems with the American Classic/Stan's Notubes combo. They switched to Bontrager Race X lite/Stan's Notubes combo.

    That's interesting. A mate has them who'd about 92kg, he hasn't ridden his now bike much, so might not be aware of issues... I'm 85kg, and might have probs - we do a lot of long distance rides in the smmer...

    Cheers all!!!

    Ssushi

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.