UK and Europe · Public discussion

Boy do you get hot when you run with a bike!

Started by Tim Woodall · · Last activity · 5 posts · 428 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
14 December 2005
Last activity
15 December 2005
Original author
Tim Woodall
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
428
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

    And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
    decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
    then.

    I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    running!

    Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
    drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :-)

    Tim.

    p.s. Anyone know if they've given up sweeping the streets in London? Or
    perhaps they are gritting them with broken glass?

    --
    God said, "div D = rho, div B = 0, curl E = - @B/@t, curl H = J + @D/@t,"
    and there was light.

    http://tjw.hn.org/ http://www.locofungus.btinternet.co.uk/

  2. "Tim Woodall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

    And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
    decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
    then.

    I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    running!

    Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
    drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :-)

    You'll look back on that post in a few years and will show it to your
    grandchildren!

    Congrats!

  3. Tim Woodall said:

    I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    running!

    Have you thought about taking up Cyclocross? Just like that but with
    loads of cooling mud added...

  4. Sounds like time for some new tyres

    "Tim Woodall" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

  5. POHB said:

    "Tim Woodall" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!


    Sounds like time for some new tyres

    These are the new (kevlar) tyres - three punctures in a week - back,
    front, back, new tyres and now about 3 weeks later, another puncture in
    the back. (The old front tyre wasn't particularly worn at all but as it
    didn't have a kevlar strip I replaced it anyway and have put it to one
    side as an emergency spare)

    Tim.

    p.s. I wasn't cycling from KX Thameslink to Euston, just that it was
    just before I got to KX on my bike that I got the puncture so my 6
    minutes includes the time to get through Euston station and down to the
    platform but not the time getting through KX. I was also lucky that I
    didn't have to wait to cross any roads.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.