Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Books on Maintenance and repair

Started by FHII · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,125 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
1 June 2013
Last activity
7 June 2013
Original author
FHII
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,125
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I rented "The Bicycling Guide To Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair" (5th ed) from the library. Love it! I got 2 others but haven't looked at them yet. I have to get more knowledgable about repairs and such.... The big problem I am having is because I own a Schwinn Tourist, the owners manual is pretty vague. I don't have a clue about what parts I could order for replacements. Yea... I know.... Why pour more money into a $250 bike? I understand! However, If I can make repairs for 50 bucks, it is doable. I don't have $250 just to buy a whole new bike.

    Any thoughts or suggestions? Is there a better book?

  2. i have three or four on my bookshelf and keep pulling down park tools blue book. hoping it serves you well.

  3. I think the two best are the Park Tool's Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair and Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, by Leonard, uhm, Zinn. Note that Park Tool also has a website with a repair section that offers tutorials on virtually any bike repair or maintenance need. Also on YouTube an abundance of bike repair videos can be found.

  4. Here is what was suggested to me:

    Big Blue Book Of Bicycle Repair
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/0976553007

    http://bicycletutor.com/

    http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help

  5. Simply the best: bbinstitute.comstore

    Used copies and older editions can be found in the $50-$75 range.

    Other than this, buy Zinn, Sidwell, Park Tool or The Bicycle Guide. All are good.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.