Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bontrager X Lite Hubs

Started by smnw10 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 871 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 May 2005
Last activity
23 May 2005
Original author
smnw10
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
871
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I purchased a set of used Bontrager X Lite wheels. The front wheel didn't spin so well...wouldn't spin very long compared to my Mavic Cosmos front wheel. The rear wheel on the Bontrager spun GREAT.

    I took the wheel into the shop, they said the cones were on too tight and were pinching the bearings, so they loosened it or something, added greease, and gave it back. They spin better now, much better, but the Cosmos still outspin the front wheel. The cosmos I have 5000 miles on and never serviced or anything. What gives?

    Is this normal?
    The rear wheel on the bontrager actually spins slightly longer than the front wheel when spun at the same time and roughly the same force.

    comments?

  2. oh I forgot to mention I got these used, not new

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.