Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bontrager Race Lite Chris King hubs.

Started by serg · · Last activity · 2 posts · 942 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
8 September 2004
Last activity
8 September 2004
Original author
serg
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
942
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey everybody. I recently bought a pair of used Bontrager Race Lite wheel.
    These are the older model so they have Chris King hubs with Bontrager's name
    on it. I just read on the Chris King tech section that their hubs should not
    be laced radially. The wheels I have are radially laced. Are these hubs the
    same as the standard Chris King hubs? Can I have them serviced the same way?
    Are they a special design for radial lacing?? Thanks!

  2. On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:27:14 -0700, "serg" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hey everybody. I recently bought a pair of used Bontrager Race Lite wheel.
    These are the older model so they have Chris King hubs with Bontrager's name
    on it. I just read on the Chris King tech section that their hubs should not
    be laced radially. The wheels I have are radially laced. Are these hubs the
    same as the standard Chris King hubs? Can I have them serviced the same way?
    Are they a special design for radial lacing?? Thanks!

    Nice wheels!

    I remember reading somewhere that Bontrager asked King to design the
    flanges differently somehow to make radial spoking okay. Not sure of
    the details -- maybe thicker or taller?

    I assume the bearings and axles in the Bontragers are the same as in
    regular Kings, but I don't know for sure.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.