Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bike shops in Milwaukee, WI

Started by Keith Ehley · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,437 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 May 2004
Last activity
18 May 2004
Original author
Keith Ehley
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,437
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I will be in Milwaukee this week and wand check out the bike shops. Any
    recommendations for shops that have road bikes?

    Keith

  2. Keith Ehley said:

    I will be in Milwaukee this week and wand check out the bike shops. Any
    recommendations for shops that have road bikes?
    Keith

    Ben's Cycle

    <http://www.benscycle.com/>

    I have had very positive dealings with them.

    --

  3. "Keith Ehley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I will be in Milwaukee this week and wand check out the bike shops. Any
    recommendations for shops that have road bikes?

    When I lived in Milwaukee (12 years ago), I'd mostly visit these shops:

    - Wheel and Sprocket: http://wheelandsprocket.com/
    - Patio Bike Shop (414) 425-3535
    - Rainbow Jersey: http://www.rainbowjersey.com/, and
    - Wandering Wheels Cyclery

    Here's more:
    http://www.bfw.org/new_bfw/membership/index.php
    --
    Marty

  4. "Keith Ehley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I will be in Milwaukee this week and wand check out the bike shops. Any
    recommendations for shops that have road bikes?

    Keith

    Hi Keith, Wheel & Sprocket has a decent selection, nothing too exotic.
    They are a Trek dealer, so besides Trek, you have LeMond, and Klein.
    They also have Felt, Giant, Cannondale, and one or two others,
    depending on which store.
    http://wheelandsprocket.com/site/intro.cfm

    There is a shop on the far southside, in Hales Corners, they
    supposedly have the largest selection of road bikes in the area. I
    have been in the store, a long time ago, but I didn't go upstairs to
    take a look.
    Patio Bike Shop, 9800 W Forest Home Ave, Hales Corners, WI, 53130
    414-425-3535

    Another one worth a look is Emerys. I believe they have more brands
    than there website would indicate. In fact I am not sure that they are
    a Trek dealer at this time.
    http://emerys.com/emerys_home.htm

    W&S in Brookfield and Emerys in Wauwatosa are about 10 minutes apart
    or if you go to Patio, then I you are very close to the Hales Corners
    store. All of these places are suburbs of Milwaukee.

    There are many others and I have never been to all of them, the above
    are the ones that I am aware of.

    Life is Good!
    Jeff

  5. "Keith Ehley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I will be in Milwaukee this week and wand check out the bike shops. Any
    recommendations for shops that have road bikes?

    Keith

    Hi, me again, I had to go to the Wheel & Sprocket in Brookfield, this
    morning and I forgot a few bike lines. They also have Lightspeed, a
    Quantum Roo tri bike, and Orbea. The Orbea line is new for them and
    they had a good selection. I think it is only brand that they have,
    with Campy components. Oh, I didn't notice any Cannondales, but they
    may of had some. They have a real good selection of bikes, at this
    time. Well worth the stop.

    Life is Good!
    Jeff

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.