Road Cycling · Public discussion

Bike shop/bike type recommendations

Started by Riles · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,185 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
12 March 2003
Last activity
12 March 2003
Original author
Riles
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,185
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    could be a little on dirt walking trails.

    What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research more,
    and possibly test ride.

    I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

    I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer four
    times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  2. In article said:

    I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    could be a little on dirt walking trails.

    What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
    more, and possibly test ride.

    I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

    I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
    four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

    Valley Forge is a big area.

    Go seethe folks at BikeSport in Trappe - on Main Street/Ridge Pike.

    BikeLine in K-O-P. Rt 202 and the Mall.

    BeansBikes on Rt 30 in Paoli- ask for Shaun.

    HTH

    --
    ³Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness³

    - Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

  3. Steve:

    BikeSport in Trappe is a very good LBS.

    bikesportbikes.comintro.htm

    A bit out of the way, but also a good knowledgeable store with *excellent* prices is Shirk's
    Bicycles just west of Churchtown off of Route 23:

    christianacycling.comShirksHome.htm

    :Greg

    "Riles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    could be a little on dirt walking trails.

    What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
    more, and possibly test ride.

    I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

    I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
    four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  4. The Bicycle Club of Philadelphia (BCP) web site lists 78 bike shops in the Philadlephia region
    (phillybikeclub.orgbike shops.html), so there are plenty to choose from.

    "Riles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am interested in getting in to some biking. It would mainly be on paved tracks, or roads, but
    could be a little on dirt walking trails.

    What I am looking for are recommend bike stores, and also models of bikes that I can research
    more, and possibly test ride.

    I live in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania.

    I am 6'4 and 275lbs, with a 32" inside leg. Despite the mass I am quite active, playing soccer
    four times a week, dabbling in some racquetball and tennis when not playing soccer.

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.