Bike Kinetic Charger Design

EaglesIII

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all, my name is Paul and my partners and I are currently in the design phase of creating a bicycle oriented kinetic charger system and portable rechargeable battery.

We are looking to be as customer centric and involved with our customers from design to protype and would sincerely appreciate a bit of feedback through a short 10 question survey we have created. The survey should take no longer than say a few minutes to complete. Please know that your feedback will have a direct impact and your contribution will help us design something useful and that is built directly to passionate cyclists needs.

Thanks again and we look forward to reading your responses!

Cheers,

Paul

Survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TSV5W9T

Don't understand the design description. Is it like the Reelights?
Or a dynamo driven by direct contact?
Will it transfer easily from one bike to another?
Charge capacity?
Rolling resistance?

dabac said:
Don't understand the design description. Is it like the Reelights?
Or a dynamo driven by direct contact?
Will it transfer easily from one bike to another?
Charge capacity?
Rolling resistance?
Hi dabac and thanks for your response. We understand the vagueness of the description. The vagueness is actually there to really poke and prod the market for details that we left out, and in such a way as to be quite objective without framing too many details. Also, the survey is really just a preliminary market survey to guage the general market of the macro situation.

However, since you asked, I would love to give a bit more clarity on the questions you asked :) We believe we have a design that would smaller, lighter, create extremely low to no friction and thus nearly no loss, that would be easily attached without any modification to your bike and be very long lasting. Our design implements nearly the same design schematics of a dynamo, but devoid of the mechanical friction bearing parts through the use of small changing magnetic fields and inductors, very similar to the concept that Reelights works off of. We are currently working on a few prototypes, but we think we will be able to offer multiple charging capacities, multiple cord options, the ability to have a modular setup with further products simply 'bolted on', like NFC wireless based handlebar mounted touch screen ready pouch for use with your phone, and MANY potential further advancements in mind. Overall the basic and preliminary design is very similar to Siva cycles and Reelights. As a group, we have yet to find any product that is the same as that which we have in mind, but we welcome any those suggesting products similar as we may have missed one in the midst of similar products.

Thank you for reponse dabac. I hope I have cleared up a bit of the confusing details.