Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bike buying advice - new or used?

Started by Plin · · Last activity · 1 post · 435 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 March 2005
Last activity
30 March 2005
Original author
Plin
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
435
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm planning to buy a road bike to get in shape. Shimano 105 or better.
    I don't care about the weight nor do I need a lot of expensive
    components. Basically, a decent, reliable bike that I'll keep for a
    long time.

    It looks like Shimano 105 bikes start at around $800 new. I'm wondering
    if I'd be better off buying a used bike and either to save some money
    or, to get a better bike for the same amount of money (for example dura
    ace, etc.).

    Supergo has a Scattante 105 bike for $850, which seems like a pretty
    good deal, even though I'm not crazy about the name. Is this a good
    brand to go with (it's their house brand)?

    Also, it seems that most bikes nowadays are aluminum. Personally, I
    think I'd rather have a steel frame for better shock absorption, since
    light weight isn't a top priority. Does anyone still make steel framed
    bikes in this range?

    Thanks for any advice!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.