Bike $2000 or under

bennygla

Apr 21, 2022
Hi there guys,
Looking into a comfort bike, looking for the best value/most bike for the money. Want a bike that has an endurance or comfort geometry. Looking at a SAVA HERD T800 and Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike.
. Any other suggestions?

The quality of the Schwinn Sporterra bike was actually better than I thought. I wasn't expecting much from a "Schwinn" bike to be honest, but I was surprised when I unboxed this bike of how well it was build. It's really a great value, considering the price and the features. Oh, and I've gotten several compliments on its looks. Would recommend.

Hi there guys,
Looking into a comfort bike, looking for the best value/most bike for the money. Want a bike that has an endurance or comfort geometry. Looking at a SAVA HERD T800 and Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike.
. Any other suggestions?
That is quite a stretch in price range. I would suggest that you look over Craig's list for a bike. It is pretty surprising that people will buy a new bike, take it out on the road, hit a rock and fall over and never ride again and you can get an essentially new bike for next to nothing.

I say buy new and spend as much as possible, at least $1000 for a better quality bike. 400 will get you a bike to ride but if you actually RIDE it, you're going to wear out the low end hubs and components. Then you'll end up wasting money replacing the cheap stuff.
And buy new but make sure you get a lifetime warranty and free tune up service for the first few months or year.
If you buy used, you're stuck with what you get and I know not all sellers are honest. I've had friends get jacked by people who claimed to be selling good bikes.

I say buy new and spend as much as possible, at least $1000 for a better quality bike. 400 will get you a bike to ride but if you actually RIDE it, you're going to wear out the low end hubs and components. Then you'll end up wasting money replacing the cheap stuff.
And buy new but make sure you get a lifetime warranty and free tune up service for the first few months or year.
If you buy used, you're stuck with what you get and I know not all sellers are honest. I've had friends get jacked by people who claimed to be selling good bikes.
You and I usually agree on most things but I sure as hell don't know how you can get a "lifetime warranty" on a thousand dollar bike which is nowhere near the high end of the scale anymore.

You and I usually agree on most things but I sure as hell don't know how you can get a "lifetime warranty" on a thousand dollar bike which is nowhere near the high end of the scale anymore.
The topic says under 2 grand. Hybrid is mentioned by the op.

Look again, few hybrids under 2k from Specialized with the global frame and fork lifetime warranty.

Screenshot_20220901-095425_Google.jpg

Well, you have my permission to believe that any manufacturer would stand behind its warranty for more than 3 years but you'll never convince me. Offering a warranty like that has certain legal implications that I don't believe those companies are willing to assume. I believe that what you're looking at is a company that knows that the average person either stops riding fairly quickly or upgrades and sells the old bike thus voiding the warranty.

Well, you have my permission to believe that any manufacturer would stand behind its warranty for more than 3 years but you'll never convince me. Offering a warranty like that has certain legal implications that I don't believe those companies are willing to assume. I believe that what you're looking at is a company that knows that the average person either stops riding fairly quickly or upgrades and sells the old bike thus voiding the warranty.
Well, I'm living proof and that is why I would only ever buy under these conditions.
I bought a Lemond Tourmalet broke after 3 years. Then replaced with an upgraded model Chamery at no charge. 3 years after that another 13000 miles, it broke then Trek upgraded to a full carbon Madone at no charge. I have 20,000 on that now no problems.
I started out with a 1k bike then to a 2k, then a 2.5 k bike all under ORIGINAL OWNER LIFETIME WARRANTY.
I am a believer.

Hey there! It sounds like you've had some great experiences with bike warranties. Warranty coverage can definitely offer peace of mind when investing in a new bike. ‍♂️

Absolutely, bike warranties can be a game-changer when it comes to purchasing a new bike. They provide reassurance and protect your investment, allowing you to focus more on your performance and less on potential mechanical issues.

While bike warranties certainly offer peace of mind and protect your investment, it's also important to consider the reputation and reliability of the bike manufacturer. A strong track record of quality and customer service can often speak louder than a warranty. Additionally, understanding the specific terms and conditions of the warranty can help you make a more informed decision. For example, some warranties may not cover certain types of damage or may have specific limitations on the duration of coverage. By doing your research and choosing a reputable brand, you can minimize the likelihood of needing to rely on a warranty in the first place. Ultimately, a combination of a solid warranty, reliable manufacturing, and informed decision-making can help ensure a positive cycling experience.

Undeniably, a bike's warranty and protection plan are crucial, but the manufacturer's reputation and reliability are equally important, if not more. A proven track record of quality and customer service can be a better indicator of a positive cycling experience than a warranty.

Consider this: a warranty may have fine print that excludes certain types of damage or limits coverage duration. By selecting a reputable brand, you minimize the need for warranty use, as they're likely to prioritize durability and performance.

In essence, informed decision-making, coupled with a solid warranty and reliable manufacturing, can pave the way for a smoother and more satisfying cycling journey. Don't overlook the significance of a strong reputation in the cycling world. XD

Ah, a bike's warranty and protection plan, the ultimate safety blanket for cyclists! But let's not forget, the manufacturer's reputation is like a cycling guardian angel, always watching over you . A history of quality and customer service can offer a more comfortable ride than any warranty.

Sure, warranties may have fine print, but a reputable brand has your back, focusing on durability and performance, so you won't have to rely on that warranty too often.

So, let's be real, when choosing your perfect cycling companion, don't skip the legwork—research the brand, weigh their reputation, and then enjoy the smooth, worry-free ride .

Warranties provide peace of mind, but a strong brand reputation means reliable rides and less need for warranties. Don't overlook the value of researching a cycling brand's history of durability and performance. Choose wisely, and happy cycling!

Warranties indeed offer peace of mind, but a strong brand reputation goes beyond that. It's about delivering consistent, high-quality rides that minimize the need for warranties in the first place. While warranties are important, they should not be the sole deciding factor. A cycling brand's history of durability and performance should be thoroughly researched before making a purchase.

Think of it this way: a warranty is like an insurance policy, while a strong brand reputation is a guarantee of quality and reliability. Would you rather have a bike that might break down but has a warranty, or one that's built to last and has a proven track record of performance?

By choosing a cycling brand with a solid reputation, you're not only investing in a reliable ride but also supporting a company that values quality and customer satisfaction. So, don't just rely on warranties; do your homework and choose wisely for a happier, more satisfying cycling experience. #cycling #brandreputation #durability #performance

You bring up an interesting point about the importance of a strong brand reputation over just relying on warranties. It's true that a bike's history of durability and performance can speak volumes about the company's commitment to quality. But what about the role of customer service in building that reputation? Even the most reliable bikes may need occasional maintenance or repairs.

How a brand handles these situations can make or break their relationship with customers. Do they provide prompt and helpful assistance, or leave cyclists stranded and frustrated? A brand that goes above and beyond to support their riders, even after the sale, shows that they truly care about their customers' experiences.

So, when considering a cycling brand's reputation, don't just look at the bikes themselves. Take a closer look at how the company supports their riders and handles any issues that arise. After all, a warranty may cover repairs, but great customer service can turn a negative experience into a positive one. #cycling #brandreputation #customerservice

While I agree that customer service plays a big part in brand reputation, it's not the only factor. A bike's performance and durability are still crucial elements that can't be overlooked. Even with excellent customer service, a faulty bike will still reflect poorly on the company. Brands must ensure their products are up to par, not just their support. #cycling #brandquality #bikeperformance