Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Bicycle tours, NZ or Sri Lanka

Started by Davidm · · Last activity · 3 posts · 733 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
14 December 2005
Last activity
15 December 2005
Original author
Davidm
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
733
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for a good value cycle tour ex-Perth for two of us. Options
    might be NZ, or Sri Lanka. Don't want to carry our own luggage, but don't
    want it too "guided" either. What we'd really like I guess is someone to
    carry our gear ahead of us to the hotel each day, and provide some maps, and
    then pretty much leave us to it. Including ood, which we are happiest
    sorting out ourselves as tour guides most often get vegetarian food so
    wrong... 1-2 weeks and maybe 500km per week or so...

    Anyway, any ideas? Operators? Experiences? Particularly interested if
    anyone's cycled Sri Lanka.

    Cheers
    David M

  2. Davidm said:

    I'm looking for a good value cycle tour ex-Perth for two of us. Options
    might be NZ, or Sri Lanka. Don't want to carry our own luggage, but don't
    want it too "guided" either. What we'd really like I guess is someone to
    carry our gear ahead of us to the hotel each day, and provide some maps, and
    then pretty much leave us to it. Including ood, which we are happiest
    sorting out ourselves as tour guides most often get vegetarian food so
    wrong... 1-2 weeks and maybe 500km per week or so...

    Anyway, any ideas? Operators? Experiences? Particularly interested if
    anyone's cycled Sri Lanka.

    Cheers
    David M

    Try for New Zealand --
    Happy cycling
    Richard Oddy
    Chief Spoke
    http://www.pedaltours.co.nz
    tollfree from U S. 1 888 222 9187

    I did some bicycle touring in New Zealand in the early 1980's. It was
    very pleasant then.
    Personally, I don't think one can beat Europe for bicycle friendliness,
    varied scenery, businesses actually catering to bicyclists etc --

    Peter
    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --

  3. Not sure what the CTC have got arranged next year, look at
    http://www.ctctours.co.uk/

    Also have had Peddle tours ( or as the Kiwis say Piddle tours) highly
    recommended by someone I know who cycle tours extensively

    Jack Russell

    Peter Keller said:
    Davidm said:

    I'm looking for a good value cycle tour ex-Perth for two of us. Options
    might be NZ, or Sri Lanka. Don't want to carry our own luggage, but don't
    want it too "guided" either. What we'd really like I guess is someone to
    carry our gear ahead of us to the hotel each day, and provide some maps, and
    then pretty much leave us to it. Including ood, which we are happiest
    sorting out ourselves as tour guides most often get vegetarian food so
    wrong... 1-2 weeks and maybe 500km per week or so...

    Anyway, any ideas? Operators? Experiences? Particularly interested if
    anyone's cycled Sri Lanka.

    Cheers
    David M

    Try for New Zealand --
    Happy cycling
    Richard Oddy
    Chief Spoke
    http://www.pedaltours.co.nz
    tollfree from U S. 1 888 222 9187

    I did some bicycle touring in New Zealand in the early 1980's. It was
    very pleasant then.
    Personally, I don't think one can beat Europe for bicycle friendliness,
    varied scenery, businesses actually catering to bicyclists etc --

    Peter

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.