Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Bicycle n00B looking for Commuter Bicycle

Started by Eshvanu · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,361 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
29 October 2006
Last activity
29 October 2006
Original author
Eshvanu
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,361
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm researching bicycle commuting, and looking for a good bicycle.

    I'm located in Denver, CO. I'm looking at a variety of bicycles at this point. Some of the brands (bikes) I'm researching are Bianchi (Milano), Dynamic (Ricochet), Incline (Cross7), REI (Navarro), Trek (but having issues finding decent commuter bicycles), and Zero (City Bike).

    I'm most interested in the low maintenance associated with internal trasmissions (e.g. - The Shimano 7-speed). I'm looking at the Dynamic, Incline, and Zero because of the additional low maintenance associated with shaft drive. I'm not out to race anyone and have no interest in off-road/mountain biking, so the issues with current-technology shaft drives in racing or mountain biking are unimportant to me. I'm looking for a rock-solid commuting bicycle for at most 20 miles one-way, over streets and bicycle paths with few if any hills of consequence.

    So, please be kind to a n00B. I'm looking for opinions, comments, and information on any other bicycles which might fit into my needs and preferences. Good-natured flames are acceptable. :p

  2. FYI - Have added Breezer Uptown and Jamis Commuter to my comparison spreadsheet.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.