Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bianchi San Remo or Cannondale

Started by pitaklein · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,318 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2004
Last activity
4 June 2004
Original author
pitaklein
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,318
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking to buy a new road bike after spending a decent amount of time on the saddle of my mountain bike. Specifically, I'm looking at touring bikes. I've found a good deal on a Cannondale T2000 (03) as well as a Bianchi San Remo. Apparently, they don't make San Remo's anymore so I've had a hard time getting any input on it. If you have thoughts, let me know. The only reason I don't own the Cannondale right now is that on a couple of test rides my shoulders seemed to be feeling a lot of the pressure (even after a bit of adjustment).

    Thanks for any thoughts.

    Pete

  2. I have used a San Remo for the last four or five years. It's a decent touring bike, but definitely on the heavy side. It's comfortable for long rides, stable, and nearly indestructible. This year, now that I ride more and ride faster, I replaced it with a Trek 5200 which is considerably lighter and more responsive on club rides, but I still use the San Remo when I need to carry panniers or ride in nasty conditions.

    Jonathan Sachs

    Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by pitaklein
    I'm looking to buy a new road bike after spending a decent amount of time on the saddle of my mountain bike. Specifically, I'm looking at touring bikes. I've found a good deal on a Cannondale T2000 (03) as well as a Bianchi San Remo. Apparently, they don't make San Remo's anymore so I've had a hard time getting any input on it. If you have thoughts, let me know. The only reason I don't own the Cannondale right now is that on a couple of test rides my shoulders seemed to be feeling a lot of the pressure (even after a bit of adjustment).

    Thanks for any thoughts.

    Pete

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.