UK and Europe · Public discussion

Bianchi cross frame with Record Triple cranks?

Started by Pete Biggs · · Last activity · 5 posts · 753 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
15 February 2005
Last activity
15 February 2005
Original author
Pete Biggs
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
753
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies yet):

    Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    Any problems with down tube, seat tube or chain stay clearance?

    This info might help a potential buyer of the cranks I'm auctioning. I've
    never seen the frame and I'm not too familiar with cross bikes in general.
    I know that the crank/BB combo results in more clearance than the
    symmetrical 111 with Veloce/Centaur crank, but don't know if it's enough
    for this bike. Note: there's no 115.5 asymmetric BB.

    Thanks for any help.

    ~PB

  2. "Pete Biggs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies yet):

    Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions around
    here.

    If you don't know its Sheldon or the techie newsgroup.

    T

  3. Tony W said:
    Quoted message said:

    Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies
    yet):

    Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions
    around here.

    :-) I think there are some cyclo-cross riders here. I've got zilch
    experience of this particular type of road bike.

    Actually I think the bike will be fine unless the chain stays are
    extremely splayed out or something weird like that.

    ~PB

  4. "Pete Biggs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Tony W said:
    Quoted message said:

    Boring obscure techy question (also posted to r.b.t but no replies
    yet):

    Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?

    C'mon -- your the one who answers all the tricky techy questions
    around here.

    :-) I think there are some cyclo-cross riders here. I've got zilch
    experience of this particular type of road bike.

    Actually I think the bike will be fine unless the chain stays are
    extremely splayed out or something weird like that.

    I'm pretty sure you'll be okay . It's more the shape of the chainstay tubes
    that *could* be a problem, but I think it's highly unlikely.

  5. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Tony W wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Would a '94 Bianchi cross Concept be suitable for a 111 mm asymmetric
    >Chorus/Record BB with Record Triple cranks?


    Should be OK but you might need Italian threaded BB rather than the
    normal UK size...
    All the best
    Dan Gregory

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.