General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Barossa pics of goodies

Started by PeterLucas · · Last activity · 3 posts · 188 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 September 2007
Last activity
15 September 2007
Original author
PeterLucas
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
188
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Barossa%20goodies/

  2. "PeterLucas" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Barossa%20goodies/

    thanks for the pictures.

    Now, That's Bacon!
    Wouldn't mind having some of that Camembert either.
    Also those yellow-handled knives. I've been looking online for some, but
    not the VERY expensive ones from Italy.
    And what's your table top? Some sort of slate? flagstone? Nice.

    I didn't know that Thomas Hyland was Penfolds. So now, I know.

    The first Penfolds I had was Koonunga Hill. That's what got me interested.

    Dee Dee

  3. "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "PeterLucas" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/PeterL_2007/Barossa%20goodies
    /

    thanks for the pictures.

    Now, That's Bacon!

    It was absolutely beautiful!!

    Just the thick end, no tail, and no rind...... and when it was cooking you
    could smell the woodsmoke.

    Quoted message said:

    Wouldn't mind having some of that Camembert either.

    http://www.postcards.sa.com.au/features/barossa_cheese.html

    Quoted message said:

    Also those yellow-handled knives. I've been looking online for some,
    but not the VERY expensive ones from Italy.

    I managed to find them in several of the *many* antiue/secondhand shops
    that abound in the Barossa Valley.

    I used to have quite a few of them at home, till I held a party with about
    30 people attending. At the end of the night, I had about 4 left out of
    about 12!!

    Seems a lot of people like them!!

    Quoted message said:

    And what's your table top? Some sort of slate? flagstone? Nice.

    I think it's a granite..... if my memory serves me correctly!!

    Quoted message said:


    I didn't know that Thomas Hyland was Penfolds. So now, I know.

    And very good too, for the price. (Around AUD$18)

    I liked the Cab Sav, and the SO liked the Shiraz, so we got some of each!!

    Quoted message said:


    The first Penfolds I had was Koonunga Hill. That's what got me
    interested.

    A *very* good wine. I remember recommending it to a friend who was going to
    have a swish dinner party. At the time (about 7 years ago) it was $7.99 in
    the bottle shops, and I used to buy it by the case. He got some, tried one
    at home, and then went back and bought the whole Koonunga red stock from
    the shop!!
    It's popularity has increased since then, and it now shows in the price
    markup.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.