General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

barlean's omega twin save for pregnancy?

Started by Sien · · Last activity · 5 posts · 792 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 June 2004
Last activity
12 June 2004
Original author
Sien
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
792
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi!

    I'm expecting my second child (16 weeks). I used to take
    barlean's omega twin oil, but I don't take it anymore since
    I know that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if the oil
    (especially the lignan) is 'save' for the pregnancy. Anyone
    can give me some advises?

    Thanks before!

  2. [email hidden] (sien) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi!

    I'm expecting my second child (16 weeks). I used to take
    barlean's omega twin oil, but I don't take it anymore
    since I know that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if the oil
    (especially the lignan) is 'save' for the pregnancy.
    Anyone can give me some advises?

    Thanks before!

    cod liver oil

    TC

  3. Beware of the total fat-soluble vitamin content in cod liver
    oil.....too much A and D can cause toxicity for fetus. I'd
    also be wary of the levels of PCB, dioxin, or mercery in
    fish oils.....maybe fine to take if not pregnant, but who
    wants to risk it if you are?? Barleans omega-twin doesn't
    contain fish (I think is flax and borage oil right?) so
    would likely be safter. Lignans are simply the fiber from
    the flax seed (or other woody plant cell-walls). Find a
    nutritionist into whole foods or a mid-wife schooled in
    natural medicine and you can get the best info on nutrition
    in pregnancy.

    Cheers, Lisa

    [email hidden] (tcomeau) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (sien) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi!

    I'm expecting my second child (16 weeks). I used to take
    barlean's omega twin oil, but I don't take it anymore
    since I know that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if the oil
    (especially the lignan) is 'save' for the pregnancy.
    Anyone can give me some advises?

    Thanks before!

    cod liver oil

    TC

  4. Thanks for the advises!

    [email hidden] (Lisa) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Beware of the total fat-soluble vitamin content in cod
    liver oil.....too much A and D can cause toxicity for
    fetus. I'd also be wary of the levels of PCB, dioxin, or
    mercery in fish oils.....maybe fine to take if not
    pregnant, but who wants to risk it if you are?? Barleans
    omega-twin doesn't contain fish (I think is flax and
    borage oil right?) so would likely be safter. Lignans are
    simply the fiber from the flax seed (or other woody plant
    cell-walls). Find a nutritionist into whole foods or a mid-
    wife schooled in natural medicine and you can get the best
    info on nutrition in pregnancy.

    Cheers, Lisa

    [email hidden] (tcomeau) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (sien) wrote in message news:<31d3-
    [email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi!

    I'm expecting my second child (16 weeks). I used to
    take barlean's omega twin oil, but I don't take it
    anymore since I know that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure
    if the oil (especially the lignan) is 'save' for the
    pregnancy. Anyone can give me some advises?

    Thanks before!

    cod liver oil

    TC

  5. [email hidden] (Lisa) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Beware of the total fat-soluble vitamin content in cod
    liver oil.....too much A and D can cause toxicity for
    fetus. I'd also be wary of the levels of PCB, dioxin, or
    mercery in fish oils.....maybe fine to take if not
    pregnant, but who wants to risk it if you are?? Barleans
    omega-twin doesn't contain fish (I think is flax and
    borage oil right?) so would likely be safter. Lignans are
    simply the fiber from the flax seed (or other woody plant
    cell-walls). Find a nutritionist into whole foods or a mid-
    wife schooled in natural medicine and you can get the best
    info on nutrition in pregnancy.

    Cheers, Lisa

    Actualy cod liver oil is absolutely the best thing you
    can take while pregnant for the health of the baby.

    Som important info any mother should know:

    westonaprice.orgchildren.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.