The Cannondale Jumbo frame has 27" road wheels at the moment. I was wondering if the frame could take an off road pounding with 26" MTB rims. It was designed as a hybrid and mainly used for the road. But i was thinking of taking it off road with MTB rims, what do you all think?
The Cannondale Jumbo frame has 27" road wheels at the moment. I was wondering if the frame could take an off road pounding with 26" MTB rims.
How much of a pounding? What sort of ground exactly?
Quoted message said:
It was designed as a hybrid and mainly used for the road. But i was thinking of taking it off road with MTB rims, what do you all think?
I'm thinking there's going to be "issues" with the brakes, and maybe 27" wheels* would be OK really, with fat tyres. (Make sure there's enough room in frame for fatter tyres before buying any).
* Sure they're 27" and not 700C?
Reminds me that I have a 700x38C tyre for sale.....
"JoHNY" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de news: [email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
The Cannondale Jumbo frame has 27" road wheels at the moment. I was wondering if the frame could take an off road pounding with 26" MTB rims. It was designed as a hybrid and mainly used for the road. But i was thinking of taking it off road with MTB rims, what do you all think?
At one time, the Bad Boy Ultra was supplied with two sets of wheels, one set of 700c slicks for the road, and one set of 26" knobblies for the trail. It used to be the case that the frame and fork were standard Cannondale MTB items, with the same clearance and geometry as their off-road brethren. Looking at the Cannondale website, it looks as though that's still the case.