Wondering if anyone has done any rides in this Area. I am looking to do a 5-6 day loop type trip here next March leaving from the Jacksonville Area. Has anyone done any bike riding/touring in North Florida: Gainsville, Cedar Key, Lake City, Madison, etc.
"Capri" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Wondering if anyone has done any rides in this Area. I am looking to do a 5-6 day loop type trip here next March leaving from the Jacksonville Area. Has anyone done any bike riding/touring in North Florida: Gainsville, Cedar Key, Lake City, Madison, etc.
Thanks, Phil
Look at the Rails to Trails in Florida. There is a RtoT from Jax to Baldwin and several others in the Gainesville area. The road to Cedar Key, outside of Alachua County, does not have a bike lane. The following links may help:
[email hidden] (Capri) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Wondering if anyone has done any rides in this Area. I am looking to do a 5-6 day loop type trip here next March leaving from the Jacksonville Area. Has anyone done any bike riding/touring in North Florida: Gainsville, Cedar Key, Lake City, Madison, etc.
Thanks, Phil
Try this site: http://www.nfbc.us/ It's the North Florida Bicycle Club web page. Check out some of the links, you may find what you need. You can also send me an e-mail to the address above, and I'll put you in touch with someone very familiar with the area.
Wondering if anyone has done any rides in this Area. I am looking to do a 5-6 day loop type trip here next March leaving from the Jacksonville Area. Has anyone done any bike riding/touring in North Florida: Gainsville, Cedar Key, Lake City, Madison, etc.
Thanks, Phil
Try finding the book, best bike rides in the south by Elizabeth & Charles Skinner published by Globe Pequot Press. You may find it helpful in choosing routes.