General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Attn: Laureen ..Gastric Bypass Diet question.

Started by Aaron Reynolds · · Last activity · 2 posts · 541 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 April 2005
Last activity
24 April 2005
Original author
Aaron Reynolds
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
541
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Someone in alt.support.diet said you would be the person to ask for
    this. Im looking for a full menu that is used for the proper diet
    after gastric bypass surgery. I am doing some research and have had
    some trouble finding a full menu.

    Thanks
    Jason

  2. Hi Jason,First off are you considering WLS? Well since the quantity of
    consumption is so low you can eat anything you want as long as
    according to my doc it is relatively low fat, low carb and high
    protein. There is no "full menu", just general guidelines.Protein
    first, veggies second fruit last and no garbage no gravies or sauces.
    That means salads with lean meats and protein like kidney beans. When
    you make dressing like italian from a packet there is a low fat mixing
    option. Many nibble on lean deli meat slices filled and rolled with low
    fat cream cheese inside and raw veggies for a meal. I low carbed before
    my WLS so I am going with tuna and chicken mixed with low fat mayo
    stuffed into a rib of romaine heart, kim chee with tuna fish, meat and
    low fat mayo on a couple of rye crackers. Soups are good too. I make a
    cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, V8 juice, onion soup mix with fried
    ground turkey breast in it right now and puree it. I love smoked tofu,
    eat a lot of cottage cheese. I also take fat free plain yogurt, dice 3
    frozen unsweetened strawberries in it, whiz it with a stick blender and
    add Splenda. I freeze it til soft serve consistancy.I sometimes add a
    scoop of plain protein powder to it. Its a different life but I love
    it! Im 11 weeks out and 79 pounds thinner. I'm going to graduate to
    solids next week. The first meal I will eat is chicken tenderloin,
    kidney beans, romaine hearts, and low fat italian dressing. Since it is
    meat first, it is nothing like sitting down to a steak, baked spud and
    salad lol. You have a few bites of steak and a small salad and you're
    full. I supplement with about 3 different kinds of protein shakes and
    in an effort to keep them LC I mix them with water as to not add fat,
    carbs, and calories.
    I hope I was of some help, if you have other questions just ask and I
    will try to help.
    Cheers,
    Laureen
    410/326/180

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/freakinlunachick/album?.dir=/90dd&.src=ph&.tok=phhJ9gCBLmL1VUob

    Aaron Reynolds said:

    Someone in alt.support.diet said you would be the person to ask for
    this. Im looking for a full menu that is used for the proper diet
    after gastric bypass surgery. I am doing some research and have had
    some trouble finding a full menu.

    Thanks
    Jason

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.