Are SUVs "evil" and bikes "good"?

On 26 Jun 2008 01:30:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
>the Devil". I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
>smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

Bad cycling aura!

Originally Posted by plumberroy
I have left this thread alone for the last 2 pages but one remark has
got me back in I'm going to try not to get my self in trouble:
DQ
If you made the statment about our soldiers being monkeys while in my
house I would physically throw you out of my house! I will stop at
that so not to get banned
I have not set up my signature on this forum yet the signature I use
is::
Every breath I have ever taken as a free man was paid for in the blood
of an American Soldier"

Well, they can't come out completely clean when they are fighting the
wrong war, and they know it. As a matter fact, the military is having
a hard time meeting its quotas.

But the whole issue of having few soldiers willing to volunteer to
fight "their" wars would be solved if "their" kids had to serve. Yep,
bring back the draft. You would see the war in Iraq be finished within
a year.

So far though it's the children of the poor who go pay the ultimate
UNSELFISH sacrifice... For WHOM and for WHAT? For the most SELFISH
bunch on earth to keep their SUVs going...

Hey, that's kind of stupid, isn't it?

On Jun 26, 7:02 pm, "Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 26 Jun 2008 01:30:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>

> >I see you are religiously attached to your superiority citing "God and
> >the Devil".  I'm certain that drivers of passing cars sense your
> >smugness and have no friendly feelings toward your presence.

> Bad cycling aura!

I think they feel that God being "their co-pilot" allows them to do
whatever they want.

Besides, they probably think most cyclists are tree-huggers who don't
deserve much respect.

Well, I hope you find this funny. The Original Poster says:

Biking is not for average joes
"If people biked liked they drive , i.e assuming people see them,
they'd be hit every week. I bike as though I am invisible and this
helps me avoid one certain accident every week. I am convinced safe
cycling takes a lot of equipment ( lights, mirror, etc ) and knowledge
that average joes's simply do not have the desire to understand. That
is why no matter how expensive gas becomes, people are still better
off driving for their own safety."

Then he gets attacked...

"OP reminds me of Idiocracy.

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point.
Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest,
the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process
which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor
different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future
that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on,
things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down.
How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward
intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to
simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent
to become an endangered species."

And then I counter-attack...

And then the dumb ones elected a President that reminds us of the
stone age...

http://www.bartcop.com/mo-caveman.jpg

It was a real pitty that they threw over the board 10,000 years of
civilization. ;)

***

They've got a very nice forum there with all kinds of subdivisions
within biking...

http://www.bikeforums.net/index.php

KingOfTheApes aka Comandante Banana aka donquixote1954 aka ??? wrote:
> [...]
> It's the same principle of the jungle: "The Big Fish eats the Little
> Fish!"

Any more mixed metaphors?