Road Cycling · Public discussion

are all seat rails the same distance apart?

Started by Eric Gleason · · Last activity · 4 posts · 709 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
12 April 2003
Last activity
13 April 2003
Original author
Eric Gleason
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
709
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    Thanks!

  2. In article said:

    I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

    --Paul

  3. Paul Southworth said:

    Just pry the rails apart a little and tighten the clamp.

    Yep. I had a similar experience with a San Marco Rolls saddle. I just spread the rails enough to fit
    the clamp and have had no problems.

    Art Harris

  4. eric gleason said:

    I got a new seat for my bike, only to find that the rails were set too narrowly to fit the bracket
    on my stem. Is this an oddball one, or are there different sizes, or what? The bike is a Fuji
    Silhouette with a Ritchey stem, the seat is a Terry Dragonfly.

    For what it's worth, I have fourteen saddles (or so) scattered around the house and garage. All have
    their rails spaced 43mm apart, plus or minus a millimeter or so. All that is except my Brooks Pro
    which is more like 47mm.

    jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net home.earthlink.net~jeverett3

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.