UK and Europe · Public discussion

Apparent virus claiming to come from cyclingforums

Started by Simon Brooke · · Last activity · 2 posts · 342 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
3 July 2006
Last activity
4 July 2006
Original author
Simon Brooke
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
342
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've had email this evening with subject line 'test', which claims to be
    from [email hidden]' although the actual posting host is in a
    block allocated to eircom.net and thus presumably in Ireland. The
    contents is a zip file which, when unpacked, contains a windows binary
    executable with the name 'document.scr'.

    Not having a Windows box I can't investigate further but I think you can
    be reasonably confident this is a virus - do not open it.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    X-no-archive: No, I'm not *that* naive.

  2. Simon Brooke said:

    I've had email this evening with subject line 'test', which claims to be
    from [email hidden]' although the actual posting host is in a
    block allocated to eircom.net and thus presumably in Ireland. The
    contents is a zip file which, when unpacked, contains a windows binary
    executable with the name 'document.scr'.

    Not having a Windows box I can't investigate further but I think you can
    be reasonably confident this is a virus - do not open it.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    X-no-archive: No, I'm not *that* naive.

    Yeah, it's Netsky.H virus:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=document.scr&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.