rec.bicycles.marketplace archive · Public discussion

Anyone used 1 1/8 to 1" headset adapters?

Started by Res09c5t · · Last activity · 5 posts · 523 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace archive
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
4 May 2004
Original author
Res09c5t
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
523
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, I'm considering buying a frame with a 1 1/8" head tube
    but would like to use my 1" threaded Wound Up fork.
    Quality Bike Parts has an adapter set that would allow me
    to do this. Does this work well? Does it add much height
    to the stack?

    Thanks! Lyle

  2. Sorry. I meant to get this in the tech group but got it here
    by accident.

    "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I'm considering buying a frame with a 1 1/8" head tube
    but would like to


    use

    Quoted message said:

    my 1" threaded Wound Up fork. Quality Bike Parts has an
    adapter set that would allow me to do this. Does this work
    well? Does it add much height


    to

    Quoted message said:

    the stack?

    Thanks! Lyle

  3. I've used this- I believe I ordered it directly from Wheels
    (same place that sells the cassette spacers for Campy to
    Shimano and vice versa). It worked well- added very little
    stack height. The only problem came when it was time to
    remove the headset- the HS came out attached to the spacers-
    it is very difficult to removed the HS without the spacers
    being removed

  4. I've got a set, new in sealed bag. Made by Wheels
    Manufacturing, CNC machined black anodized. $9 shipped.

    "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry. I meant to get this in the tech group but got it
    here by accident.

    "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I'm considering buying a frame with a 1 1/8" head
    tube but would like to


    use

    Quoted message said:

    my 1" threaded Wound Up fork. Quality Bike Parts has an
    adapter set that would allow me to do this. Does this
    work well? Does it add much height


    to

    Quoted message said:

    the stack?

    Thanks! Lyle

  5. SOLD

    [email hidden] (biciman) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I've got a set, new in sealed bag. Made by Wheels
    Manufacturing, CNC machined black anodized. $9 shipped.

    "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry. I meant to get this in the tech group but got it
    here by accident.

    "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, I'm considering buying a frame with a 1 1/8" head
    tube but would like to


    use

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my 1" threaded Wound Up fork. Quality Bike Parts has
    an adapter set that would allow me to do this. Does
    this work well? Does it add much height


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the stack?

    Thanks! Lyle


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.